So the month of October was very busy and full of fun new things for me and my family. Me and my husband found a great new apartment in a neighboring town that we will be moving into next week. I got a wonderful part time job as a nanny, and I had a really fun Halloween. So with all of these fun things happening, here is a great and super yummy dinner to make this winter.
What you need –
1 Pork roast (bone in, and skin on) about 5-8 lbs
1/2 c Taco seasoning
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1Tbsp Garlic powder
3-4 Tbsp Brown sugar
1tsp Cayenne pepper
Bowl to mix in
Plate OR large bowl to put roast in
Dutch oven with oven safe lid
Sharp pairing knife
- The night before you want to cook your pork roast dump a bunch of the taco seasoning in a bowl, usually about half a cup. Add garlic, salt,
cayenne pepper, and stir until everything is combined.
- Take your pairing knife and score the skin of the pork roast down into the fat. Then rub the seasoning you just made all over and into the score marks of the roast (top, bottom, and sides).
- Take your now seasoned pork roast and place it on or in your plate or bowl and put it in the fridge over night to marinate.
- About an 1-2 hours before you put the roast in, pre heat the oven to 275° take the roast out of the the fridge put it in the dutch oven, and let it get to room temperature.
- Put the lid on the dutch oven, place it in the oven and let it cook for 2.5-3 hours.
What I love about this recipe is that the skin of the roast is amazing and the meat is moist and tender. It also goes wonderful with potatoes and or rice. What are some fun things happening with you and your family?